The field of communication focuses on how people use messages to generate meanings within and across various contexts, cultures, channels, and media. The field promotes the effective and ethical practice of human communication.
Advising for Current Students
Advising Office: 979-862-6968
Bolton Hall, Suite 107
Ms. Nancy Street, Director of Undergraduate Program and Undergraduate Advisor, here
Ms. Kristy Kulhanek, Academic Advisor, here
Ms. Emily Posey, Academic Advisor, here
Mr. Jeff Rutherford, Academic Advisor and Journalism Studies Advisor, here
Ms. Rachel Smith, Academic Advisor, here
To schedule an academic advising appointment Click the Book Now button below
Thank you for your interest in Communication!
Thinking of becoming a COMM or TCMS major?
- Freshman admissions
- Our First Year Freshman Experience
- Transfer admissions from outside of TAMU
- Transfer to Communication
- Transfer to Telecommunication Media Studies
- Change of Curriculum from another TAMU major or TAMUG